Why should you change your accountant?
- Are you getting value for your money?
If you do not feel that you are getting the quality of the service that you are paying for, this should be cause for concern. When making the decision to change your accountants, it is important that you do research to see whether you can get a better deal before making any commitments.
- Does your accountant understand your business’s needs?
It is vital that your accountant completely understands what your business requires from them, in order to help your business grow in the future.
- Are your tax returns handled correctly?
Being on top of the ball forms part of excellent service delivery for an accountant. Hence, your tax returns should not be a last-minute concern that distract you from your responsibilities as an owner, but rather a task that is done ahead of time.
- Has your business grown too big for your accountant?
As mentioned, business growth is usually why owners begin to consider changing their accountants. If you have noticed that your financial accounting needs are overwhelming your accountants, it is time to look elsewhere.
- Has your accountant outgrown your business?
In some rarer cases owners may notice that their accountant’s business has grown too big for your own. If you are beginning to feel more like a number rather than a valued client, it may be time to move on.
- Is the accounting software too complicated to use?
Certain financial accounting software can be especially complex, consuming time to perform the simplest of tasks. Xero Cloud Accounting software is the global leader in cloud software for financial accounting requirements and one of the key reasons is just that – ease of use.
- Do financial reports available enable you to make business decisions?
All business decisions are only as sound as the information that they are based on. Financial information should be accurate, and available without any delay. If you are not receiving financial reports timeously, this should be of concern to you.
- Time: The ideal time to change accountants is once the financial yearend has been concluded. This will ensure that your business financial year is correctly finalized and closed off before you make the move to a new firm of accountants.
- Loose ends: Make sure that all financial loose ends are tied for a smooth transfer, this may include unpaid bills to either party.
Secondly, your current accountant should provide you with a disengagement letter. This will include the particulars of work they have completed so far with key dates and relevant information.
Lastly, you’ll need to assign authority to your new accountants for income tax affairs.
At MMS Cloud Accounting, our monthly financial accounting services packages will simplify your life and streamline your business processes. Our team is committed to understanding the needs of our clients’ business, which is why we have designed a solution to support your business while you focus on growing it. We offer a 1-month free service, where you can test our service and measure if it will support your business as required. Get in touch with us today for a fresh approach to cloud accounting.